Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Damn you, Hollywood

I went and saw a chick flick yesterday, on Holiday Monday, at the theatre with ShellBell, Baby Yu and Gback. Okay, Gback's not a chick but he's a sucker for anything outta Hollywood it would seem so I can see why he was there.

Anyways, as I did my best to patiently watch...

Wait. First let me publicly go on the record for apologizing to le Ex. I know, you're probably wondering what the hell an apology is stuck here for but I have to apologize. He always bitched and moaned about the fact that I talk too much in a movie. And I probably do. I make maybe 2 comments during a movie. But it is NO WHERE NEAR the ongoing play-by-play I was getting at the theatre yesterday from the row above, behind or even to the side of me not to mention the squeals and ohs and ahs when Taylor Lautner came on the screen (gag). It's like women NEVER SHUT THE FUCK UP. No wonder men don't say much. THEY DON'T NEED TO. So, for the simple fact that I know I'm no where even close to as chatty in a theatre (let's be realistic, people, I said theatre for a reason) as the gaggle of women who were there yesterday, I now know how fucking annoying that is. So, le Ex, whatever special place in purgatory you're at, I apologize. ;o)

But I digress...

Anyhoot, I'm sitting there listening to awwwwws and sniffles as women tear up at the sad bits and literally cheers and claps when the boy kisses the girl (Wtf? As if we didn't see THAT coming a mile away so you feel the need to get all worked up about it?) and it got me thinking. Hollywood is screwing us over. Men and women alike. They build up these fantasies of how love should be and how men should act and how women should look and then we're all inevitably disappointed in each other when it doesn't work out that way. And then we just become bitter and jaded and turn on each other. For once, just once, can the guy NOT get the girl? Like in 500 Days of Summer, which, by the way, I just ruined the ending for you if you've not seen it. And for once, just once, can the girl look normal? Like she had the fries instead of the salad at one point. And that perhaps not all of the best qualities of her parents genetic makeup were passed on but that's okay because she fell in love too cause women like that fall in love too? You know, a la My Big Fat Greek Wedding?

Damn you, Hollywood. Damn you.

No comments: