Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ahhhh, my neuroses

I helped a colleague with an email today via MSN. We finally got Messenger installed so we're not (unprofessionally) yelling at each other across our cubes. I thought I'd share the convo as it is quintessential L at her prime.

mar says:

How much do I owe you?

L says:

for?

mar says:

writing my e-mail messages?

L says:

at my hourly rate, I think that's about a $3 email

which is scary when you think about it

considering the crap I do sometimes when the uni pays me so much

mar says:

but think of all those union dues you have to pay

L says:

so really...

$3 to the client is charged (that's you)

$0.12 to the union

$0.95 to the government for taxes

$0.20 to pension plan

$0.03 to parking

$0.14 to benefits

take home pay?

$1.56

pathetic


No comments: