Monday, August 10, 2009

Green Monster

It's that time of year again - Fall. Yes, I know it's not even mid-August but work has ramped up to full speed and it feels like mid-September, if you can believe it.

And with the new school year comes longer work hours and unfortunately, many a sleepless nights. Last night was the first of such nights. I tried to go to bed around 10:30 and instead, was up and working at the computer by 11:00. I got in 4 solid hours of work - yes, I went to bed at 3:00 am. I don't tell you this to make me a martyr or something, but more so that you understand that when I don't write as much or see you as much or only have interest in spending time on my couch, it's not personal - it's merely survival.

But inevitably it happens. Around 3:30/4:00 in the pm, usually because I forget to eat until about 2 or so (today it was 3:00), I hit it.

The Green Monster:














I've never been to Fenway, but man oh man, the wall is legendary - as is my mid-afternoon stupidity.

So I'm having one of those moments of 'yup, brain checked out' but I figure that considering I worked through my lunch and put in 4 hours last night (and lord knows the anxiety will keep me up tonight - if for nothing other than using the lord's name in vain ;o) ). I'm just hoping this little transgression in writing will give me the mental focus to get back at it for my remaining 11 minutes.

Yeah, I didn't think so either....

No comments: