I'd insert the tapping of my nose with my finger but well, it hurts, I don't wanna touch it.
So yesterday at rowing, I caught a crab. It's not a nice thing to catch a crab and this was probably the most violent crab I've ever seen anyone catch. It flattened me on my back and left me breathless with panic. The oar almost hit the woman behind me. And I jokingly said, 'that almost broke my nose'. It was violent enough that the woman in front of me patted me on the back and asked me if I was okay. And she's NOT the mothering type.
Fast forward about 5 hours and my face started to ache. A lot. By the time I left starbucks and got home, I thought 'geeze, you look like crap' because I looked really tired. And then I got up close to the mirror and realized that those weren't bags under my eyes but in fact, bruising.
I sat with some ice on my face and took some aspirin and thought I was feeling better.
And I was...until this pm.
My face, regardless of the tylenol Gback gave me, is throbbing. I'm seriously considering waiting a long time at the walk in clinic by my house to get it checked out. Could you imagine if I'd broken it?
For those that don't know, this is what it means to catch a crab while rowing:
But that was a pretty tame crab - this is more like the one I caught...
There was no slow mo trying to hold on to it (because sometimes you can do it and it's a 'leisurely' recline you have to do to avoid getting hit) but this was fast and hard, like that second video. Ironically, I was sitting in the same position in the boat as he was. Hmmmm....
This is also a good video so you can see how violent it can be:
But this one, takes the cake - at least this didn't happen to me:
I swear, rowing will be the death of me...
No comments:
Post a Comment