Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'd ask for my money back

If I was a paying customer of the institution I work at, and I knew there were such wastes of payroll employed here, I'd ask for my money back.

We all know I rant about the parking office and my ongoing battles with them over parking tickets, parking passes and well, anything customer service oriented.

Today though, their reign as most inept customer service on campus has been toppled...by voice services. And I quote:

L: Hi, I'm having a problem with my phone. I'm having messages left but the flashing light on my phone isn't working to tell me there are messages. Apparently this has been going on for two days.
Most Unhelpful Customer Service Agent Ever (MUCSAE): Oh, that's a known problem with the 470's. You should get a VOIP phone.
L: Okayyyyyyyy....oh, you're referring to the model number....
MUCSAE: (insert exasperated tone) well, yes, you do have a 470, right?
L: Yes.
MUCSAE: well, you should get a VOIP. We don't have those kinds of problems with that phone. But if you want, you can try scrolling through the user options until you get to something in the menu that talks about indicator lights.
L: Ugh, okay, but this problem just started this week. It was working fine before that.
MUCSAE: Yeah, you should get a VOIP phone. It's only 90cents extra a month.
L: But I was told I couldn't get a VOIP phone. When I moved down to this office a few months ago, they installed this other phone that I'd had in my old office and said they'd look into it and never got back to me.
MUCSAE: Oh, you're in which building?
L: Tory
MUCSAE: There are tons of VOIP phones in Tory so I don't think that's an issue but I'll check to see if there's an issue with your area. You're in 1146 Tory.
L: No, 421. 1146 is my phone extension.
MUCSAE: Oh. Right....
*silence*
MUCSAE: Okay, I'll look into that. In the mean time, you should get a VOIP phone. And you should check your voicemail often to make sure you don't miss any messages.
*silence*
(inside voice: *speechless* um. Wow. Okay. WASTE OF PAYROLL!!!)
L: Okay, thanks.
MUCSAE: No problem!

You know, I don't even think I need to comment on this. I think, my dear readers, that you are all smart enough to just grapple with the ineptitude that is voice services. So, again - wow...what a waste of payroll.

No comments: