So everything's cookin' away and I look in the cupboard and start hauling out the containers and each one is expired. And not just a little expired - one was even a year and a half past the expiry date. Errr....apparently I'm not into cooking lately.
Anyways, off to the grocery store I go (after turning off the stove and checking it
I was trying to make potatoe salad or something for a pot luck we'd been invited to and god forbid HE actually do the cooking for it. I gave him a list of things to get while I did other stuff around the house and on it was Miracle Whip. You know, mayonnaise with vinegar. My brother and I were raised on it so to me mayonnaise is bor-ring! As I got to the kitchen, I noticed it wasn't on the counter where a still-sealed jar could go. So I looked in the fridge. No Miracle Whip. I looked in the cupboard. No Miracle Whip.
L: "Um (le ex), did you get Miracle Whip?'
Le Ex: 'L, there were only like 3 items on the list. Of course I got it'
L: 'So where is it?'
Le Ex: 'In the freezer'
(inside voice: WTF?)
I open the fridge and I don't see it.
L: 'I'm not seeing it'
Le Ex: (insert huge exasperated sigh as he stomps to the kitchen) It's right there.
He points to Dream Whip. As in whip cream.
Now I'm not sure how he thought that I needed whip cream to go in a potatoe salad but he did. And back to the grocery store he went.
So now, as I had a brief moment of disappointment that I didn't have an SO to bail me out last night, I also remembered that they create just as much headaches as they solve, non?
No comments:
Post a Comment