Thursday, November 12, 2009

What has my digital life come to?

Yesterday I went to Canadian Tire and Walmart looking for replacement filters for my humidifier in my bedroom so I don't wake up feeling like I just slept in the Sahara. I didn't really pay much attention to the model but I know what it looks like and the filter. Couldn't be too hard, right?

Walmart, as usual, was a disaster. Okay, on to Canadian Tire where you know it's going to be bad customer service. It wasn't for a change but I still didn't see what I was looking for.

When I got home I more closely inspected my humidifier. No brand model or anything but there was...

a website.

So on I go, look through the products, find the PDF file of the manual with the model of the filter I need and then sent myself the link so I can print it off at work and look on my way home tomorrow (my new laptop with Windows 7 is still waiting for the new driver to come out from lexmark for my home printer so they can be friends).

And all so I didn't have to rummage through my paper file in the room across the hall (my home office). Seriously, what has my digital life come to when this seems easier...

*le sigh*

No comments: