It's 2009 and there's no better way to start off a new year than realizing you're in love. After almost two years of him being right under my nose the whole time, I've finally come to appreciate him for what he is.
He has been there to comfort me by listening and never saying a judgmental or harsh word over everything that's "gone wrong" in my life over the past year and has been there to share in my triumphs when they've finally come. He's made me feel warm and secure and always at peace. Granted, he's made me mad and curse under my breath and wish we'd never crossed paths, but I've also worried about him being alone and self-destructing in some unimagineable way when I'm away from him. Gladly, he's always been there to welcome me back when I needed him. He's the first one I want to see when I get up and the last one I want to see before I go to sleep at night. I routinely count him in my things to be grateful for and consider myself lucky to have him in my life. And now that I've finally realized and accepted how I feel about him, I can reciprocate everything he's done for me with the love and attention he deserves and I can't wait to spend time with him and my family and friends over many a BBQ this summer (What? I'm excited I got a new BBQ for Christmas.) Oh, the good times that are ahead of us...
But coming back down off of cloud nine, it wasn't until I was in Home Depot today that I realized how I felt. I took a wrong turn on my way to buy myself a hack saw (because no self-respectin' lady shouldn't own a hack saw and yes, I know you're once again impressed with my DIY goddess knowledge) when I came across something that I knew would be perfect for him. It just screamed him and somehow screamed me too...like we're one - like we're meant to be together and while I know I shouldn't have, I spent the $23 and bought it and can't wait to give it to him.
I bought new silver, not gold, set of house numbers and a door knocker without my name and le ex's on it.
(Pssst...this is where you stop freaking out that there's some mystery man in my life that I've somehow neglected to tell you about and realize I'm in love with my house.)
2 comments:
Hey, it's all about knowing what we should be grateful for, so good for you for not taking things for granted! Happy 2009 — new roads and adventures ahead :) Here's to a happy, healthy and dodgeball-ful year!
Wow - you need to have some sex. . . and soon.
Post a Comment