Sunday, January 11, 2009

You might wanna turn off your mic

Admit it, we all have our guilty pleasures.

Mine are fast food breakfasts. Like a sausage, egg mcmuffin from McDonald's. Or a sausage breakfast sandwich from Tim Horton's. And the hashbrowns....mmmmm, the hashbrowns.

So, as I do on some weekends (not every weekend, that would be gross), I once again found myself in the drive through at Tim Horton's. One thing I've come to discover is that the hashbrowns at Tim Horton's can't ever compare to those at McDonald's which is fine because the Tim Horton's around the corner from my house shares a parking lot with a McDonald's.

So after I got my coffee and breakfast sandwich at TH, I went to the drive through at Mickey D's.

MD Employee: Welcome to (*my inside voice: the slowest*) McDonald's. Can I take your order?

Me: Hi, can I get a hashbrown, please?

MDE: *long pause* Is that everything? (in a WTF? tone)

Me: Yes, thank you. (and yes, I do use "please" and "thank you" with every drive through order - momma raised me right)

Long pause. *inside voice: is he going to tell me the price and to drive through or should I just drive through*

MDE: $1.04 please drive through. *pause* Just a hashbrown. I know. Who orders just a hashbrown?

Yeah, um dude, you might wanna turn your mic off before you pass judgement on the customers in the drive through.

And in true slowest McDonald's in the world fashion, it took them long enough to get me my hashbrown that I had enough time to put my change away, roll up my window and open my coffee from Tim Horton's before they came to the window with JUST my hashbrown.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I LOVE fast food breakfast (and it's been a huge craving of mine this pregnancy). I keep wanting to do a post reviewing all the different breakfasts ;) I agree, nothing beats a McD hashbrown, but I'm not so keen on any of the TH stuff. Either way, pffft to the guy at McD.