Friday, October 10, 2008

does that make sense to you?

Okay, I just need to get on my soap box and rant about the City of Ottawa waste pick-up services for a second.

After all my hard work taming my back yard last weekend, I was super pumped to put out my 3 bags of yard waste beside the curb this am in a proverbial middle finger to my neighbours who must think I'm the world's worst homeowner when I let my other neighbour mow my lawn all summer and shovel my driveway if I don't race him out to do it.

So, I look on the collection schedule last night to see if it's a blue or black box kinda day and see no little leaf on the calendar. WTF? Can't be. I must be crazy.

This morning, I take out my garbage bin (have I mentioned that my roommate seems to create a lot of waste and I went from about 1/2 a garbage bag including cat litter to a BIN a week?) and saw that in fact, no one else had any yard waste bags out.

Okay, does the city NOT know it's fall? Do they themselves NOT have to rake leaves? WTF? What are they thinking?

Okay, thanks for that. Now I'm done ranting for the day the morning the next 10 minutes.

No comments: