Sunday, October 26, 2008

In your best telephone voice

So, sometimes I feel the need to share my self-frustration on an "at the moment" basis.

JJ was my intended victim this past weekend. I decided to send her a text message on Saturday afternoon after talking to her loverly husband J who said she was at a baby shower and wouldn't mind a text. So off the text went.

To her house number.

Whoops. Well, that won't matter, it's a house number. So let's just resend it to her cell.

Whoops. That went to her house number again. Shit. One more time - ahhhh, there we go, it got to her cell number.

Incoming text message moments later from J asking if those are my profanities being texted to his house (oh, you see where this is going don't you!).

Hunh? How does he know.

Apparently, you can text someone's house. The phone rings and when they pick up, an automated voice reads out your text to them. I know! Pretty cool, hunh? Until you see what I texted....

So, in your best automated inside voice, imagine the following when you pick up the phone on a nice Saturday afternoon - TWICE!

"The coffee gods are taunting me. Those fuckers."

Apparently, no other word is quite as funny in automated voice speak than the word "fuckers".

Oh, the mortification.

4 comments:

Lara said...

Seriously?! That's hilarious. Almost makes me want to text myself just to hear it ;)

Anonymous said...

i love this story! :P

Anonymous said...

LOL. That is precious...

LTP said...

Apparently I've inspired many a $0.75 text messages with this shenanigan.