There are a lot of things in life that you probably think to yourself "hmmm...I should do that more often". This morning I did one.
Last night I dragged JJ to Canadian Tire because she was hitting me up for a dinner date with her. I needed a bunch of stuff for the house to prep it for winter but knew that I would probably need some help with some of these things.
I'm the type of shopper who doesn't try and find things on my own - especially at any hardware store. It's just easier to ask someone where the ceiling vents are then to actually wander around looking like the home owner idiot that I am. So, I found Don.
Over the course of about 15 minutes, we had great discussions and weighed options for different "challenges" I experience with my house. He took me to other sections of the store from his, didn't rush me, and was just patient with my I'm-an-idiot questions.
So this am, in the Tim Horton's drive through where I was on private property and sure not to get a ticket for being on the phone, I dug out my CT receipt and called the store to talk to the GM.
He didn't sound none too pleased when I started off my "I was in your store last night and speaking to a man named Don in seasonal" but was pleasantly surprised when I said that Don was of great help and went above and beyond and I was thankful for his help. Not that it surprises me, but he was quite honest in pointing out that he rarely receives calls like mine and would be very happy to pass on the message and make sure that Don was recognized within the store.
It makes me think that I should do that more often. You know, appreciate the people who are helpful and nice and genuinely do a good job - especially if they are in a lower wage position where they very easily could be surly with you but they aren't.
That's my random Friday thought. That and I hate it when people wish me a happy Halloween. Like seriously? You want to wish me a happy Halloween? Wish me a happy harvest or like the vet today, a happy leaf raking. But happy Halloween? "Boo!" I say. ;o)
2 comments:
Good on you! I totally agree and think I'll have to make a point of making calls like that too.
As for Halloween - what's not happy about free candy?
i do the same (call stores to tell them their workers are good/hate it when pople wish me halloween - like it is a real day or something? But then I know our opinions on the next "holiday" also differ)
Post a Comment