Friday, March 6, 2009

How old is too old?

So, last night the lovely V gushed to me "oh, I so have to set you up with undisclosed name*. You two would be perfect together. " She then proceeded to gush for a good 10 minutes and would only move on to other topics if I promised to entertain the idea of a set up.

However, along the way, there were some fundamental tidbits of info that were shared that lead me to think that we wouldn't be all that great of a match. I think, *think* because I don't know him, that we may be at different places in our lives (as in he's older much more settled than I am). I know I shouldn't judge a book by a cover and for some people, age is just a number. Hell, some people can look much younger than their age - as is my case where I was recently carded to buy booze even though I'm 19-11. And then carded again to go in a pub. And then told I looked 24. I seem to not get a day over 26 these days which while I know I should relish, is a little disconcerting as it makes me wonder if that will affect who views me as "eligible" or not based on my age. I've already had once acquaintance tell me he "wasn't mackin' on" me because he thought I was "underage" (read younger than him and more like 24-25 to be exact).

Anyways, and this is going to make me the female equivalent of a total cad, but I'm curious to go out with him just to go out with him. As in just go for the date for the sake of a date. Not that I foresee a long term thing developing but just for fun. Does that make me a bad person? Am I wasting his time and mine? Should I just not date unless I'm 'serious'?

And more importantly, how old is too old for me to date? Give me your honest answer and I may just tell you how old he is. I *may* tell you.

*undisclosed name=then you can't Facebook creep him like I did (hey, his own fault for having an open profile) and to protect his identity in case I do decide to date him because then he'll need a cool nickname (ie. to the tune of the banker, the blind date, CBC), not just undisclosed identity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The point of dating is that it's not serious. It's a look-see and fun time.
Age doesn't matter much, unless he's Viagra old.
AC