Anyways, while she was visiting, I had a random friend request on Facebook from a friend of hers who is two years older than me so 3 years older than my friend. Now, the only thing that ties that girl and I together is that she dated my highschool sweetheart right before I did. That's it. We didn't have classes together, she wasn't a classmate of my older brother, nothing. In fact, I talked to her little brother who was 3 years younger than me more than I did her. Don't get me wrong, if we were alone and passed each other in the hall, we'd say hello but we weren't exactly friends and I wouldn't choose to have a conversation with her.
So, I said to our mutual, about-to-turn-putrid-like-rotting-fish, house-guest friend that I found it odd she was requesting me to be friends. She said that this gal routinely goes through her friends list and asks people to be friends with her. Given our mutual friend has like 8 million fakebook friends, there's quite the list to choose from. Mutual friend went on to say that because she was staying at my house and she speaks of me, that's the reason this gal is probably requesting me.
(insert record scratch)
What? She creeps mutual friend's friends list to add people to her list that she's not really friends with?
What? She wants to be my friend because you're staying at my house?
It was the first *ahem* "differing of opinions" (read: tense discussion that felt like it was about to lead to an all out war) that fishy house-guest and I had (that visit, might I add) and for some reason, she saw no issue with the fact that this gal does this. To me, what a shallow, impersonal act! As if I'm about to accept your offer of
IG-NORE!
Well, mutual friend recently moved and sent photos of her new place in another city to an email distribution list that, unlike most emails she sends out of this nature, didn't have BCC on everyone's email addresses. That email came in this morning. And guess who I have a friend request from before noon today?
Ughhhh....take a hint already. I think I'm going to revert to a tried, tested and true response:
IG-NORE!
No comments:
Post a Comment