It took me a few minutes to come up with a nickname for this date. I've come to realize that the worse the date, the worse the nickname. Unfortunately - or fortunately? - I didn't have one instantly that came to mind for A so I'm basing it on our dating 'history' instead.
A contacted me online and sent me a pretty nondescript first message. So I sent a pretty nondescript reply. That seemed to get the message across and my subsequent messages from him were longer and quite interesting so we agreed, after about a week, to meet for coffee in the park.
Coffee in the park somehow went from an hour to 4 hours. Our second date didn't disappoint and we ended up being out for about 10 hours (now you know why I get nothing done around the house). All subsequent dates after that were just as long and for 3 weeks, we really enjoyed each others company, got along well, had lots to talk about and things were going really well.
And then the inevitable happened.
He freaked and headed for the hills. In a brief phone conversation (I know, soooo tacky), he stated that he just thought things were going too fast and wasn't ready for it. And my reaction? Hmm...okay, whatever. I would have thought I'd be more upset by it seeing as how it was the closest thing to resemble a relationship since being back on the market after the breakup with le ex but well, I wasn't. Kinda harsh, yes, maybe, but the truth nonetheless. While it was a fun interlude between my winter and spring sports teams, it wasn't exactly like I'd done the typical girl thing and gotten all attached and planning monogrammed towels or anything.
And so, as I've come to think of dating after all WHMPC dates....
on to the next!
No comments:
Post a Comment