Back in March I signed up for the online dating thing. The reason I did is I saw a cutie on the site that I thought I'd want to get to know more and he was the 'push me over the edge' factor after hearing about Big Oil's awesome date and the fact that M was also on.
Museum Mike (or Badminton Boy as he will also come to be known) and I exchanged a few emails and then met at the War Museum one quiet Saturday afternoon. The afternoon was pleasant enough - we went through the exhibits, enjoyed pleasant conversation, we generally comfortable around each other both on an intellectual perspective and on a physical one. But he seemed rather shy. As my second real 'date' after being single, I didn't really know what to expect but couldn't gauge if he was interested or not. We had somewhat agreed that if he was interested, he'd join me for badminton the following week - a bit of an effort considering he had to book time off of work to do so.
Thursday's badminton date came and I met him at the school we play at. A bit of a step, seeing as how he's meeting the crew I've played with for 6 months at that point but he seemed okay. We stood outside talking for a bit and then went inside. During those conversations, they seemed a little strained and I again sensed some nervousness.
We played doubles. And we sucked at it. While I want to blame it on the fact that he hasn't played for a few years, part of my inner subconscious screamed about the fact that if we can't get it together on the court, we're not going to be able to get it together off - if you catch my drift. And yes, I have been watching too much Sex and the City lately.
Our between game chatters were also a little...strained. And then when we were all going out for drinks after and he decided to go home instead (yes, dear sweaty friends, maybe he just wanted a shower, blah blah blah excuse). And that's when it hit me.
I'm a bit of a chatterbox. I KNOW - such a REVEL-ATION! And I know you're all laughing about this at your desks or wherever else you're procrastinating from life and reading my blog. But really, if after how many hours together, MM/BB can't get it together enough to have the conversation easily flow with me, chatterbox extraordinare, well it just may not ever.
And on to the next...
I did hear from him a few times after that but I think we both knew it wasn't going to go anywhere. He has since cancelled his online account. I hope it means that he's found love because, of all the WHMPC dates, he was one of the good guys even if he wasn't the good guy for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment