Alright, I admit, it's not completely uncharacteristic of me (save for the purpleness of it) so I put my keys on it and called it a day. Sure, it makes me chuckle when I see it every day but well, isn't that part of its charm?
Today I had to go in for an oil change and to get my car looked at after my accident. The dealership called to let me know that the guy who does the estimates would actually not be available and that I could still come in for the oil change. When I hung up the phone, I mentioned to GBack that I would have to give them my keys on the ring. We had a giggle and then I didn't think much about it after that.
Fast forward a few hours and I arrived at the dealership and got to chatting with the guy who I had rebooked my appointment with. It was quite friendly and then as I handed over my keys, I know I must have blushed but neither of us said anything. However, upon me getting my keys back, and in front of the cashier no less, this same service manager decided to give me a little lecture on the weight of my keys.
Yes, the weight of my keys. Apparently, over time (like a decade), additional weight puts pressure on the ignition and then you can be driving along and BAM, your car stops working. Scary stuff. I think I must have looked like someone just shot me because he reassured me that it was something that takes years to happen. He pointed out that it's mostly the 'A' cube letter that weighs the most but when it's just that, the keys and Little Miss Naughty, you KNOW he looked at all of the items on that key ring.
I have to go back on Monday.
I'm still/already blushing.
No comments:
Post a Comment