I had the strangest thing happened to me last week.
I was out walking somewhere and could sense that someone was coming up on my rear to overtake me on the sidewalk. I did what was nice, move over so they could. But instead of doing it, they fell in step with me and walked with me for a good 20 paces or so.
When I realized this was the case, not that I could really hear them (I was listening to my 'slit my wrists' playlist on my iPod) but more I could sense them there, I turned to see if I knew the person. He turned and looked back at me, we were both a little startled to see someone we didn't know, exchanged silent smiles (he too was on his iPod), and he quickly picked up his pace and carried on.
The strange thing about it was, it was nice to just walk with someone without saying something. I know it sounds weird but it was nice to share a moment with someone you didn't know. Kinda one of those reaching out to humanity kinda moments. You know, like when you see momma ducks and baby ducks out together (I love ducks) and you look up to see someone else watching them and you share a 'wasn't that cute?' smile with each other. It was kinda like that.
Anyways...moving on.
2 comments:
Do you still have your wallet or did he lift it?
BAH HA HA HA HA!
Yes, I still have it. :oP
Post a Comment