...but that douchebag John Mayer has finally said something that didn't make my hair curl and my teeth clench.
In a January interview for Rolling Stone, when asked about America's sweetheart Jennifer Aniston, he had this to say:
'What would I be saying to Jen, who I think is fucking fantastic, if I said to her, ‘I don’t dislike you. In fact, I like you extremely well. But I have to back out of this because it doesn’t arc over the horizon. This is not where I see myself for the rest of my life, this is not my ideal destiny.’ '
Okay, seriously, I gotta give the man props for this one. He was with someone fantastic but at one point in time said, whoa, this isn't what I want for me in the long run. So he ends it, breaks our poor Jenni A's heart, and is villainized for it. I feel pity for him. However, he's still said some pretty douchey things after that which he SHOULD be villainized for. (How the hell do you spell villainized?)
But he goes on to say this and this is what is striking a chord with me today...
'I’ll be happy when I close out this life-partner thing. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt attached. Think of how much mental capacity I’m using to meet the right person so I can stop giving a fuck about it.'
I feel like saying, 'amen, brother, amen.' Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking about how much effort I put into dating and meeting someone. And I'm not even necessarily looking for a 'life partner' or 'baby daddy' - imagine what that time involvement would be like? And lemme tell ya, I'm getting pretty tired of it...not giving up, just thinking perhaps it's time to focus on something else...hmmm...
BTW, John Mayer is STILL a douchebag.
No comments:
Post a Comment