Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My business is to create

I've been feeling a little stressed and overwhelmed lately and well, just general malaise and restlessness as well. So I did last night what I do when I need to find my happy place: I did laundry and cooked.

I'm not very good with exact cooking. I'm more of a sauce/random spicing/throw it all together and see what happens kinda cook. Baking and I do not get along. At. All. But turn me loose to make a sauce or a soup and I'm all good.

It had been nagging at me that I had 3 containers of turkey leftovers and bones that needed to go into a soup. So I started with the lobster pot I have last night and got cooking. 3 hours later, I was finally done and had 41 cups (my new Tupperware that I bought for the occasion had volume measurements on it) of more of a turkey stew than soup. One of these days I'll learn to cook for less of an army and to stop adding in more of this and a little more of that.

As a result, last night was the first night in weeks I've slept through the night. No anxiety about work, no other 'what's the meaning of life and where am I headed' thoughts, no nothing. I felt like a gal without a care in the world this am. It never ceases to amaze me how you can find release in some of the smaller mundane things in life.

No comments: