Thursday, October 29, 2009

Maybe it's because I am a little dating checked out

I've decided to check out of the dating game for a little while. I'm too busy with work, being sick (still have this damn cold 4 weeks later), house stuff and well, just life things. It's a HUGE time demand and I'm just bored with it. Plus, and I still have to blog about them, I've had a few more dates since I last posted and I'm just done with craptacular dates. Last thing I need is to be bitter and jaded and if I keep going with the dating scene right now, I'm headed right down Bitter and Jaded Lane and will be cruising along at a nice speed.

So, this video cracked me up today:



I also put on a CD at work today and chair danced to this song by Macy Gray. Something about it is speaking to me these days because it seems there are a few disappearing gents who are playing the dreaded mind games with a few single gal pals which again, just listening to, puts me on the road towards Bitter and Jaded Lane. I love the lyrics (see below) because they seem soooo true. Definitely a 'he's just not that into you song'.



Why didn't you call me?

We went out one night
Everything went right
We got something started
It was outta sight
We had such a good time
Hey! Why didn't you call me?
I thought I'd see you again

By the phone I wait
Staring into space
Thinking about our first kiss
Out on our first date
We had such a good time
Hey! Why didn't you call me?
I thought I'd see you again

Why don't you call me again?
And I'm gonna ask
When I see you again
Thought you would be my man, my lover, my friend
I never thought it would end so quickly
It would end

I've resorted to
Hanging up on you
I know you know it's me
How else will I talk to you
We had such a good time
Hey! Why didn't you call me?
I thought I'd see you again

Why don't you call me again?
And I'm gonna ask
When I see you again
Thought you would be my man my lover my friend
I never thought it would end so quickly
We had such a good time
Hey! Why didn't you call me?
I thought I'd see you
I thought I'd see you
I thought I'd see you again

No comments: