Monday, October 12, 2009

Who put all that crap in my car?

This week I came down with a nasty cold. And because work is on high H1N1 alert, and I share an office suite with the guy who's been tasked with monitoring staff and student illness across campus, I decided to really get better before returning to work. I was in TO on Monday for work, feeling sick by Monday night and then full blown not getting out of bed by Tuesday evening.

I went to Starbucks Saturday morning for my first cup of coffee in half a week. I figure, if I'm going without, when I go back, it should be good. I parked further along in the parking lot as I went to South Keys and well, it was shopping day. So after getting my cuppa joe, I walked to my car. As I approached the door, I looked in. Here was the thought process that went through my head in about 3 seconds:

I know I had paper in the car but where did that Michael's flyer come from?
Wait, what is all that crap in the car?
Wait, what's all that stuff in the backseat?
Who the 'eff breaks into a car and puts crap in it, aren't you supposed to take stuff out?
Why is the car not unlocking, I'm pressing the button?
Fuck, now how much is that going to cost me to get fixed? Locks not unlocking? Will it be under warranty?
.....
Wait, why is that sound coming from BEHIND me?

(insert turning around of body)

Oh, there's my car. I wonder if anyone saw that....?

Pure brilliance and glory.

No comments: