Saturday, April 11, 2009

So apparently there are other lessons to be learnt

A while back, I commented on the fact that I learnt my lesson about drunk dialing and how a drunk dial home turned bad for me once upon a first year university weekend. The thing I didn't realize at the time was that there's a whole new sly sister to the drunk dial - the drunk text.

Yes, I've done a little drunk texting in my time. It only gets easier with a QWERTY phone (for the neophytes - a phone with a keyboard). But really, I don't even need to be drunk for my texting to go awry as I've discovered - much to yours and my amusement. So I've learned my lesson that I have a select one or two victims who receive my drunk texts - bless their little souls.

But I've discovered that there is the USC (ugly step-cousin) to the drunk dial and the drunk text: the drunk web browsing from your mobile. I found myself on Thursday (and then Friday morning) cursing a certain photographer whose name starts with L for teaching me how to browse and update my Facebook status via my phone. And sure enough, somehow it stuck in my slightly-less-than-sober brain on Thursday and I woke up to a 'call me' comment on my status update. SIL was VERY curious, as were others I discovered, as to the story behind the "L is the official photographer to the tramp train." status update. Can't say I blame them - although the UPI story was much more entertaining.

So, this is yet another lesson to add to the list:
and last but not least...

No comments: