Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Things that make my soul sing and things that break my heart

Don't worry - this isn't one of those grandiose love laments where I complain about being single or dating or what not. I've come to discover in life that there are simple things that happen in day to day life that can, as I put it, make my soul sing and there are also things that can just break my heart.

So here are a random soul singing and heart breaking moments from the last 24 hours that I thought I'd share.

Heart breaking: I have, for some strange reason, a real affinity for worms. Yup, worms. They're pretty ugly and to hold one makes me giddy like a little kid as it inches its way along your hand. Who knows, maybe it's from years of watching Sesame Street and seeing just how cute Slimey was. Anyways, this time of year kills me to be at work because with all the spring showers, out come the flowers - and the worms. and then they get simply trampled all over by all the students rushing to last classes or exams. It breaks my heart to see them there so much so that I used to yell after the ex on his way out of the house on rainy days to "watch out for the worms". And if you're ever walking with me on a rainy day, you'll notice I'll step around them. So I implore you, save the worms, let 'em get to wherever it is they need to go on those rainy days.

Soul singing: Today it's actually a song that's making my soul sing. Well, and how hot Jack Johnson is - yum. I absolutely LOVE the song "Banana Pancakes" off his album In Between Dreams. I especially love the lyrics at 1:40-2:00 ish. I've put in a video below that I think someone made with the lyrics included. This song makes my soul sing. Life is good.

No comments: