Ahhh...the joys of the Wasted Hair and Makeup Product Chronicles*...
So, been doing the online dating thing for a few weeks now. Some good experiences, some not so good experiences (coming soon to a blog post near you) and I realize that I haven't blogged about them.
So let me tell you about the Wounded Bird (oh, you know it's not good if that's what I've nicknamed him).
Wounded Bird contacted me with a nice little note and we exchanged a few messages back and forth and then connected through MSN. We were chatting on a Sunday afternoon and he was taking a break from writing his book - yes, he's writing a book. Anyways, we got to chatting and one hour turned into two. While we had discussed the fact that we both had things to do, our conversation was going well. I then realized that I was soon going to not be doing any errands any time soon if I didn't get moving so I suggested that we meet at the grocery store as we both needed to go.
Yeah, I know what you're thinking. The GROCERY STORE?!?! And to that I say 'shush' this is my fumbling stories through dating and I'll make an ass of myself if I want to.
Anyways, I met him at the grocery store and I didn't even recognize him. He looked like he had aged 10 years from his photo, had lost about 20 lbs and just look like life had worn him out. We shopped and then went for coffee and chatted. Now, in our discussions, it had come out that he had been married and being the kind soul I am, who am I to judge. But it was a messy, she-left-him, kinda break up and he was convinced that after the split in September he was ready to date in March. And apparently, I wasn't the first date or two he'd gone on.
Problem was, you could smell the 'rebound' on him. Totally looked like he just wanted a replacement soul mate and was lonely. We had some nice chats but he pretty much didn't want to do anything but sit and commiserate about divorce all day - perhaps another sign that he wasn't quite over it?!?!?!
Anyways, another learning experience. Next WHMPC? The Leaky Faucet.
*also referred to as my follies through dating or WHMPC
No comments:
Post a Comment