Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dogs bite

So, I needed to go to Mec today to get some new quick dry t-shirts. Given my softball, dodge ball and badminton schedule this fall (not to mention the treadmill that is taunting me in the basement), I needed more athletic clothes so I'm not constantly doing laundry.

I stupidly thought I should go on a Saturday afternoon and even more foolishly thought I should try and park in the Mec parking lot. When I couldn't find a spot I parked on a side street. As I walked up the side street, some little yappy dog was going WILD with barking across the street at someone approaching the house. Now, I couldn't see the man on the front porch because of all the trees around his house (nothing says privacy like making a coniferous wall around your fortress) but I heard him say, "oh, he doesn't bite".

This really gets me up in arms when I hear dog owners say that. What you really should say is "he's not bitten anyone yet" thereby somewhat availing yourself of any impending lawsuits should Fido decide to take a chunk out of someone. It drives me nuts that people think that they know everything there is to know about their animals.

I only say this because I myself have recently experienced the mortification of my pet's bad behaviour. At a recent trip to the vet, Austin, the most docile animal I've ever owned, would have put Linda Blair to shame with her antics with the vet, the vet tech and even myself.

So this is my ranting about you just never know with animals. You just never know.

(I've also created a new label as the rest of them just don't capture this rant well enough)

No comments: