Sunday, September 7, 2008

H-O-Double T, HOTT!

Unlike M's secret envy that perhaps I had a more scandalous weekend than I did, no, that status update in FB was merely the name tag I was given by random girl at a party last night. I don't know whether to thank her for the backhanded compliment or be scared at the thought that she thought it was double T worthy.

Anyways, the party last night was yet another in my series of crashes this month. I'm on a crashing spree - for what good it does as I don't seem to be meeting anyone interesting - read single. Sure, I've met some interesting people and have pursued other outings with them since that time but no single men. And this is after my grandiose ambitions that "getting out there" and
"doing things I wouldn't want to do but should in order to meet someone" will come to fruition. After all, E did promise me that...didn't you? And for someone who's a closet introvert, crashing BBQs, weddings, house parties and the like are all very risqué for me and not something I'm comfortable doing. I mean, I mentally have to psyche myself up to do these things. So when is this "break outta your shell" BS gonna pay off?

Take last night's party for example - all the attractive men were gay. I think I'm slowly coming to the realization that single men in Ottawa are a rare commodity - which the hostess kept pointing out in an almost apologetic tone to my self-designated wingman (read stranger I met at the party who was convinced he could get me laid find me a date) and I at the fact that everyone who was single there was gay. Seems that all of the single women at the party were complaining about the bad ratio and she spent most of her night apologizing for it. Regardless, I still had fun with my wingman and M and did breakfast this morning with them so it wasn't a total bust. And people watching drunk girls dressed in bad 80's costumes (did I mention it was a costume party that wingman, M and I didn't dress up for?) shamelessly shake their booty in the impossibly small apartment living room with all the flamboyantly gay guys did have its funny moments so still better than sitting home on a Saturday night with a rental and take out.

As for finding a single guy, I'm still convinced that I'll take one down at dodgeball and have to practice my CPR moves on him. Hey, a gal can fantasize dream, non?

No comments: