Monday, September 22, 2008

Flawed logic

For once, someone's logic is as flawed as mine is in my moments of brilliance and glory.

I decided to practice my dodging skills in preparation for my first dodge ball game tonight (awwww yeeeaaaaahhhh!) so I went into the Galleria at work between classes. I came out, toes unscathed and a full cup of hot chocolate nowhere on my person so I'd say, I was pretty good at dodging - bring it tonight I says.

Anyways, because I'm such a talented dodger, I even was able to pull my eyes away from the flow of traffic (the secret's in using your periferal vision) to see a table that was set up by our safety office. They're trying to get people to enter the emergency number into their cell phones. So their signs give you the step by step of how to do it with the promise of being entered into a draw for cash.

Sounds simple enough, non? Here's the dumas moment you've been waiting for. Okay, so I enter the extension...but I still have to call the generic uni number BEFORE I can enter the extension...it's not like it's a universally recognized 4 digit extension. And to prove I'm not just overly tired when thinking this logic is flawed, I tried it - hey, if big brother can monitor me via satellite then MAYBE, just MAYBE there's some whacked out roaming feature on campus I don't know about.

Nope - "your call cannot be completed as dialed." So even if you put in the uni number and the extension, you still need to call, have the uni pick up and then have the 4 digit extension dialed and that's like WAYYYY to complicated for my piece of crap Telus phone.

But hey, I'll waste some 0's and 1's in my phone if you're offering to let me have a chance to win some money doing it...

2 comments:

Lara said...

can you not enter some pauses into the number so that it will dial the extension a few moments after it dials the original number?

LTP said...

SHUSH! I'm sure you can but that's not the point. Don't ruin my "someone else is brilliant and glorious other than me" moment! I have to know that I'm not the only special breed of stupid out there. ;o)