Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Two for the price of one

Sunday afternoon I woke up kinda groggy. I didn't know where I was and I quickly realized in the fuzz that was my consciousness, ughhh, I'm not alone.

It's been a few months now since I last shared my bed with anyone so I'm sure that realization added to my disorientation. As I laid their panicking about what I could have possibly done and where the hell was I, I realized, I'm not only in bed with one somebodies, I'm in bed with TWO somebodies - one on each side.

Could it be, could the cosmic void have really rewarded me for that penny I threw into the fountain on Saturday wishing for a date with not just one but TWO for the price of one? And then I remembered that I had done that with my nephews who looked at me in confusion when I said "Aunt Lynn wishes for a date".

Wait.

My nephews.

Wait. I think I recognize that ceiling.

And OW. Who just kicked me? What kinda conquest did I pick who would kick me?

Ohh...it's just my nephews. I forgot that I got roped into "napping" with them (my brother wasn't being so successful at getting them down on Sunday so I had offered to go down with them) and we all fell asleep for a few hours.

Now, granted, this thought process took about a 4 second span to go through my head and in my own defence, I did have the cold coming on full force by then.

No comments: