I was having a discussion with an acquaintance recently about how I, um, ahem, use my assets to get help at any hardware store. While it's not something I like to necessarily admit to doing - I prefer to just say that I always get help whenever I go into Home Depot and never have a problem finding someone - because well, it's using my sexuality a bit to get ahead in life, I can't seem to stop doing it. Come on, can you blame me? If you could go in to any Home Depot or Canadian Tire or Rona and have your own personal shopping assistant to answer your questions and take you from department to department to cross off the things on your list, tell me you'd give up that advantage based on your principles...
Yeah, I didn't think so.
So last night, I had to go to the AC counter at the airport to pick up my ticket to TO for Monday. I'm using up my voucher that I was given when I got bumped off the flight home from Calgary in November (read West Coast Story - Act III and IV for a recap). Because it's like cash, I had to turn it in to AC but no matter, the airport is conveniently close to home for me.
ANYWAYS, there was literally no one in line at either the baggage drop off, self-check in kiosks, nor the ticket purchase counter when I arrived. Except for one guy, about my age, talking to the two women at the double counter at the ticket purchase counter. He was smartly dressed - in a Gap commercial kinda way - and was charming the pants off the two women working behind the counter. They were falling all over themselves trying to help him with whatever problem he had. Why it took two of them to help him, I don't know and for what I can tell based on my interactions with them, Her Royal Flirtiness (ticket counter woman #1) was really just there for show and the Cougar (ticket counter woman #2) was the one doing all the work. When I started to get annoyed, I then remembered that well, I turn on the charm as well in certain cases to get what I want and for the first time, could appreciate what other HD customers must be thinking when they can't get a sales associate to help them and I have them at my beck and call when I go in.
I guess there's always two sides to every story, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment