For the last few months, I've been debating paying for parking. Yes, somehow, my monthly parking fees have NOT been coming off my paycheque. Now, I'm not stupid enough to think that I won't get caught and have to pay back all that I've owed so I had finally decided it was time to fess up given that timing is everything in these situations if you want to even try to fight it and being tax season, I could fake my ignorance being that I just found out when looking at my tax forms.
So before I did that, I decided to go into the parking website and just look at what my info says. I did notice that they made a clerical error when giving me my pass back in August and it won't expire until 2020. This also leads to my other dilemma - if my pass is good for another 11 years, and any parking lot attendant who walks by it won't give me a ticket for an expired pass, in theory I could NEVER pay for parking. Ohhh, what to do! The moral high road takes the cake - I'm going to confess my sins.
Once logged into my parking account, I went to my "history". There I found my pass payment information and it read "paid" so I clicked on that link and got the following print out:

Could it be? Could someone have made a bigger clerical error and said I paid for it in full when I didn't? Wait - did I pay for it in full and I'm the whackjob who doesn't notice a $284.76 one time payment off of my paycheque? Back into the payroll service I go to see that no, in fact no payments have come off in lump sums nor monthly installments.
Do you know what this means? It means I'm SCOTT FREE! WOOT WOOT! This only somewhat makes up for the fiasco I had getting the pass. And I will sleep easy at night.
Now, dear Universe, if this is all my karma pooled up for 2008 given to me in one shot, I must say it's a good one but I'll still be a little disappointed that you couldn't also send me a handsome parking ticket officer to scold me for my "dishonesty".
2 comments:
Hey Hey - same thing happened to me! Actually, I wound up having to fess up when I was speaking to them about (yet) a(nother) ticket. The "kind" lady on the phone said she'd look into it, but never got back to me. I now have payments coming off my paycheck, but managed to skirt them for 18 months prior. Love it.
WOOT WOOT! So there is hope that I can screw them over for longer! WOOOOWEEEE!
Post a Comment