Please help. I am trapped in an office and work place that seems to have forgotten what it means to be a professional. While my visual senses are accosted by velour track suits on Fridays and daily reminders that my colleagues don't know professional cubicle decor and my auditory senses are bombarded with complaints of constant disrespect from the big bad "E"mployer, I fear I have finally met my whits end.
Today I received the following email:
This Friday has been declared Sundae Day. We will be gathering to make our sundaes at 2:00.
The sign up sheet is on the closet door.
While I think that employee morale is at its highest point since I started, I cannot attribute it to all the random cake gatherings, "coffee time" get-togethers, potlucks for any old reason including "it's Tuesday", I worry that it's come at the cost at the expense of the professionalism in our office.
So, dear Professionalism Gods, give me the strength to take the right course of action which doesn't alienate my coworkers and ensures my professional integrity is maintained.
Your faithful follower,
L
(Epilogue: this was all written during my 15 minute afternoon break. I have a right to my break. CUPE says so. ;o) )
No comments:
Post a Comment