Friday, February 27, 2009

There's something about precipitation

Precipitation, in all its formats - rain, snow, sleet, hail, even leaf falling - puts me in a romantic mood.

(insert record scratch)

Yes, you did just read that. They make me feel romantic. I want to cuddle with someone and watch whatever precipitation it is fall to the ground and accumulate. I want to watch people scuttle to and fro in vain attempts to protect perfectly quaffed hair and outfits and be thankful I'm inside with a loved one.

So today, without someone to be my bad influence or inflict a negative influence upon (the cat doesn't count even if she was sleeping with her head in the pillow facing mine), I dragged my sorry butt out of bed and to the office. But not before grabbing one of my favourite romantic CDs (Nat King Cole's 20 Golden Greats) to rip to my computer and listen to all day. It's going to be a long afternoon of looking for motivation to address the 400+ emails in my inbox.

*inside voice* Groan....

And because you all aren't big on engaging/commenting I throw out this question - what mundane thing makes you feel romantic?

No comments: