In first year, I kinda did a little drunk dialing home (yes, home) and ended up with a worried father who overreacted due to his already heightened concern over his baby girl's move into the big city. Let's just say I didn't do it again after receiving a stern and poorly timed lecture by an RA while I was trying to help fellow residents sneak some stolen road signs into the building through the back door. So, lesson 1 and 2 learnt? Right? Not check.
In second year university, I learnt that drunk dialing to a friend in another city, who may have also been drunk at the time (it's a bit of a drunken haze, you see), is NOT a good idea when you have a camera in hand and other people passed out in the near vicinity. It is also not good when it was the good old days where you had to walk uphill both ways in the freezing cold in 8' of snow to catch the OC Transpo Bus and take film to get developed to truly know how your pictures turned out. After a mortified realization that the guy at the photo place wasn't giving me a knowing look because I was having a good hair day but because he and his coworkers made copies of my photos and when I only understood why after seeing them while at the food court, I FINALLY learnt lesson 1 and 2. Okay - now check.
So tonight, when I became the "victim" of drunk dialing, I was completely caught off guard. Now I'm sure someone must have drunk dialed me in university but I can't recall a single time it happened. And I have learned from my mistakes. Drunk dialing is not good. But the one thing I discovered tonight is that I am the RIGHT person to call for drunk dialing because I will not involve you in the kind of mischief that I can so easily get into sober, never mind drunk.
So, dear drunk dialer, dial on, I say, dial on. And rest easy knowing that I have learnt my lesson and will only chuckle with you about it in the sober light of the morning and will
No comments:
Post a Comment