Okay, so I was trying to get to Emily's blog M on the Side this evening and I realized I didn't have it book marked at home - oh the shame! So I googled Emily Chen.
Well done, Em, your website Emily Chen Design and Illustration comes up first. But then there were more links. And then there was one to Urban Dictionary that reads:
emily chen
a combination of one of the most common first names and one of the most common chinese last names ever, it is a word used to describe a typical chinese-american girl. emily chens are identified by their genius, overachiever-ness and hardcore asian parents. they usually pursue college application-boosting activities like math and science team, student leaders, and debate squad.
lisa zhang is so smart and she has really demanding parents. she's such an emily chen.
Now I know my friend Emily isn't chinese but isn't that cool? To have an Urban Dictionary definition named after you? I am SO jealous. Apparently though if you look up my names separately they come up - but not as one and definitely not with a smashing definition like Em's.
3 comments:
Hilllllarious! It's not that far-off, either... Thanks for the laugh. I've gotta go live up to my name now! :)
I found you in the dictionary. . . not hard at all. . .
LTP
An acronym for "Lay The Pipe". Slang for sexual intercourse.
That girl is hot, I'd love to LTP with her.
BAH HA HA HA HA! Oh SIL, you crack me up.
Post a Comment