A few days back, I had forgotten to throw out a cafe misto and the milk, while not smelling bad, did attract some rather large, crazy fruit flies that buzz around my head and drive me
I lamented about this in my FB status update to have T comment that I need to 'smack and smear'.
But I have found a better option...
Yesterday I had a hankering for Doritos. Mid-afternoon Doritos and chai tea - don't ask. And no, I'm not pregnant. I just find that the 3 pm hurdle to get through without a warm bevvie and some kinda snack is nearly impossible. I finished my Doritos and threw the bag out. I then had a banana around 5:30 (I worked late - it's getting to be that time of year again) and decided I needed to put the banana peel into the Dorito bag (because it is kinda messy and gross to just put on the desk) and then throw it out in the hallway garbage on my way out of the office.
Apparently I forgot to do it - to my benefit!!! Guess where all my fruit flies congregated? Guess who just closed up the Dorito bag this am and captured them all in one fell swoop? That's right - ME - the pure genius that I am.
Check out my masterpiece:

MOUAH AH AH AH AH!
2 comments:
Okay, I don't have a picture of it, but here's what we do:
1. Get a drinking glass and pour a half inch of cider vinegar in it.
2. Shape a piece of paper into a cone (like for a sno-cone) and set it upside down in the glass, so that it doesn't touch the vinegar but also rests around the rim of the glass.
3. Tape the top of the cone around the glass so that there is no way the little fellas can crawl out.
4. Et voila! The flies are attracted to the vinegar. They crawl down. They can't figure out how to get out. They get tuckered out trying. They die.
Was just about to let you know about the cider vinegar trick but your clever friend Chris beat me to it.
I use saran wrap on the top instead of a cone — and just poke little holes through it. Again, they can get in, but not out. Moo ha ha, indeed!
Post a Comment