I'm still doing the online dating thing. And still giving most guys a shot, if they're normal and don't like dressing up as women, that is.
So today I went on yet another coffee first date with M. From our interactions to date, seemed like a nice guy. Educated, good writer, enjoys a lot of active activities, all round good catch.
Or maybe not.
I am a firm believer in the idea that everyone is nervous when they first meet you. But at a certain point in an hour and a half date, I expect that you'll be able to make eye contact with me and hold it. Or laugh at my jokes. Or show some interest in what the date is. But this guy had nothin'. No expressions beyond an even tone. Completely flat - like a dial tone. No idea if he had a good time, a bad time or a so-so time. We did the required 'yeah, let's do this again' but I really hope he doesn't call me.
Has made me realize that I'm a really expressive person with quite an array of emotions and feelings that I pretty much wear on my sleeve when talking with someone. While I don't think this comes as news to any of you, dear readers, I think it's something I haven't really realized as I tend to surround myself with people who are the same. I think it's only when I see a total contrast that I actually get it.
So thank you, dear Dial Tone, for not only the cup of coffee you so gallantly bought me, but for helping me see something about myself and narrowing down the field but just one more sap.
On to the next....
No comments:
Post a Comment