Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh good god.

So, the online dating thing is still amusing me to no end. But the creeps are starting to come out of the ditch or from under the stairs. Here's some fun stories from the past few weeks...

WHY?
This was the subject line of a message in my inbox from unknown person. They tell you when writing the message to make your subject line something interesting to increase the likelihood that your message will be opened. So okay, I'll bite. The message consists of 'why do you refuse to answer my messages?'

(insert record scratch)

Whaaa tha fahhh? I went through this person's profile and saw no similarities to any other bozo who's messaged me. So I sent back"??" and haven't heard from them since. Um...okay.

NICE TRY
I get this message from this guy who's 41 saying that he liked my profile, blah blah blah but before he introduces himself he wants to know if I have issue dating someone of colour. If I do, don't reply. A bit aggressive so I read through his profile to see that he goes on this big diatribe re. dating someone with a good figure who takes care of themselves and looks good in a bikini or a bathing suit because that's sexy. Oh, and must be single with no kids, never married. (Because people in these categories are lepers apparently.) So I reply that I don't have issue with it but he may have issue with the fact that I've been divorced. He replies back that my profile clearly states that I'm single, not separated or divorced. "Nice try. Good luck."

Now I'm angry - how dare he judge me?!?! So I reply" 'nice try'? Like I'm trying to pull a fast one? I'm in fact single in that I'm not attached to nor in a relationship with anyone. And my relationship history is private and not for the viewing of anyone who may see my profile. In addition, I don't put anyone through the relationship wringer until it's appropriate and expect the same in return. And for someone who seems so concerned with being discriminated against, you [sic he] seems to be very discriminatory. "

Grr.

Just lookin' for a new momma for my babies
We all know I'm not a breeder. Never have been, never will be. And there is nothing regarding kids in my profile. So why, WHY, did this next gent feel the need to go on and on and on and on re. his whole life situation of his various relationships, kids from them, how he's pulled himself up by his boot straps since his separation 30 months ago, his promotions, his everything...to then include multiple photos of each of his kids with his messsage.

(insert screaming and running for the hills)

There will be more, I'm sure of it. It's like it's spill over from the full moon on the weekend....

Oye.

No comments: