Two moments for the B&G files from yesterday.
Baby notes
Friend L & hubby E are having twins. I normally don't get all caught up in the coochie coochie coo moments of babies that are on route so when I decided to do the 'guess the weight, height and birthdate of the baby' game, I kinda surprised myself. So, I did what any non-breeder does. I went to the calendar, looked for payday (because L&E would be getting the payload when the chicklets arrive) and then picked times relatively close to when I was born. Makes sense, right? I thought so too. So, yesterday the babies were born. JB MSNed to let me know and I went on and on and on about how much of a rockstar I was. JB kept saying 'yeah, you were so close' and I was all like 'ugh, dude, you need to give me props because I was sooo on the money' but they weren't that forthcoming. And then when I read their birth times (I guessed birth times of 7:31 and 7:37 am when the babies were born at 7:38 and 7:44) I even gloated more! I went so far as to even gloat on mutual friend V's status update on Facebook. I then was telling JJ about it at the end of the day only to realize I had picked payday, the 14th. Yesterday was the 13th.
It's alive!
Yesterday, after realizing how dumb I was re. dates, I went to change into my ball clothes and head to my ball game. When I came out, I heard this awful squeaking noise while washing my hands at the sink. I then realized it was coming from behind the mirror. I listened a bit more and there was no consistency/pattern to the noise. I called poor JJ (remember, I just did the whole I guessed the date right - oh wait, I'm a moron' incident with her) and the conversation went something like this:
L: Come to the bathroom right now
JJ:Um, why?
L: I have to show you something
JJ: Um, no, that's okay
L: No, I'm not going to show you something like that, just come. It'll take like 30 seconds.
30 seconds later, JJ comes into the bathroom and I've got my head and ear up to the mirror. 'Dude, there's a critter trapped behind here - listen' I say. She leans in, hears the noise, her eyes grow wide and then narrow and she turns and pushes on the mirror. The squeaking increases and my first horrified thought is 'how cruel! You're crushing that poor critter!" but before I can get it out, she continues to push on the mirror with a grin on her face and it's then that I realize the mirror isn't fully attached to the wall and is what's squeaking.
Oh my, sometimes there are no words in relation to my brilliance and glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment