Monday, January 11, 2010

2009 was the year

...for procrastination it seems.

I wrote a blog post about all the things I wanted to do in 2009. 26 of them to be exact. And I accomplished....

1) Learn how to change a light fixture, wall socket and light switch
2) learn to BBQ (this will start with learning to turn the BBQ on and hooking up the propane)
3) learn to kayak (I always said this was my sport of my 30's and well, I'm 20-10 now so no excuses!)
4) learn how to paint (like a room)
25) try 12 new wines

Okay, so #1 I actually just watched someone change the fixture but I will be doing TWO fixtures in my garage this weekend and I can change a wall socket and light switch like nobody's business so I get props for that, right? And I can't do #2 well, and I substituted rowing for kayaking in #3 and I'm sure I drank from at least 12 bottles of wine for #25 but I'm a creature of habit and end up repeating wines, especially after I discovered Voga (and there's your token 'product placement' in the blog).

But it's #18 I'm thinking of crossing off the list: try speed dating. In my original post, I had said that 'this one is PURE entertainment value and sure to be an entertaining blog entry'. So what do you think, should I do it? Flirty 30's speed dating on...get this...VALENTINE'S DAY??!?!?

I mean really, what else have I got to do on a Sunday afternoon than sit in Meditheo with 19 strangers and hope one of the 10 men there is My Funny Valentine, right? Or would it be less depressing and DESPERATE to just sit at home and stuff my face with chocolate?

Decisions....decisions....

No comments: