Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Is it inappropriate...

I need a minute of sanity at work. I'm going nuts with the quantity and diversity of things that need to be done. I think this is my worst year yet in this job for workload so I need one moment of creativity.

So...do you think it's inappropriate if I set an 'out of office' reply on my email to read:

Thank you for your email.

Are you on fire?

Are you about to be fired and the only way it can be stopped is if I do some work for you?

Do you really need my help or are you just too damn lazy to look up that information for yourself?

No to all of the above?

Then take a number. Your request will be processed in due order of urgency in relation to every other 'effing person who has made a request thinking their work is my sole reason for existence.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Crustipants

2 comments:

Gback said...

Not inappropriate at all.

Gback said...

Just remember that my work is your sole reason for existence.