Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm sorry - but I'm not admitting to having done it

Author's note: I didn't realize I hadn't published this back in June but seriously, just read this. I havent' changed any of the info in it so this is as real as a post as it gets.

W. T. F?


The Centre for Conflict Education and Research: Advanced Practice Workshop

Ontario has recently enacted The Apology Act 2009 to permit apologies to occur in certain circumstances without the apology constituting an admission that creates liability for the apologizing party.

This one-day course is intended to give participants an opportunity to reflect on the structure of an effective apology and to analyze its essential elements. Students will develop an understanding of Ontario’s Apology Act and its impact upon giving apologies in different contexts. Participants will examine how to facilitate the creation of effective apologies in a variety of contexts where parties are engaged in conflict.

Location: Carleton University
Date: Friday, June 26
Time: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost: $362.25 early bird if you register by June 5, and $393.75 after June 5.

For information and to register, please visit http://www2.carleton.ca/law/conflict/, contact Susan Smallwood, ext. 2785, or e-mail susan_smallwood@carleton.ca.

No comments: