Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm now a narcissist. In red.

Is it totally narcissistic that I'm really liking the photos of me that have been taken lately? I never really thought of myself as photogenic but lately, a lot of the pics that have come up seem to have been indicating otherwise.

To get deep about it, I think it's the 'really-happy-with-life, genuine smile' that I seem to got goin' on. I've also noticed I belly laugh more. I am a lot less angry about things. Sure I have my short-fused moments (thanks Dad, for passing on that personality trait) still but fundamentally, I'm pretty frickin' happy. And I 'stop and smell the roses' and appreciate life more too. Poor Haileybird was the victim of that today (btw, welcome to the blog, Haileybird!) when she said that she hated the fact that it was a grey dreary day out again today to which I responded along the lines of 'yes but it's winter and it's supposed to be like that and without grey days, then we wouldn't appreciate the sunny ones.' Gback retorted with one of my favourite lines: 'I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.' And is it because I'm Canadian that I feel weird saying that I think I've got it good and I'm happy with my lot in life? Like I'm gloating or something? Whatever. I don't care.

I've also noticed that I have a lot more red clothing. Like I mean a LOT more. I had one pair of red fleece pants and one red long sleeved t and somehow, in the last two years, I seem to have a lot more colour in my life - especially red. Like enough that I can do a full load of clothing of just REDS. Again, I chalk it up to the changes I've seen in life these last two years. Those are my deep thoughts. And these are my fav pics of me of the last little while. I'd say 'enjoy' but that feels REALLY narcissistic.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I don't think that's narcissistic - they ARE great photos!