Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Humiliation is a factor

Author's note: This is a more sober, kick-ya-in-the-teeth post so be prepared.

So, I've had a pretty crappy day. I'm irritable and I for once have finally said 'NO' at work to things that people tried to pawn off on me. I actually retaliated to 'that's not in my job description' with 'and it's in mine?!?!?' today so you can tell how close I am to going over the edge.

To lighten up, I went for a walk and got some lunch. I had a pita from the local student run joint (all the while admiring the bad boy looks of their manager) but if you've ever had one, you know you basically have to sit and eat with two hands because they are so big. So I couldn't work. Instead, I caught up on my reading.

I read a blog called Men Aren't That Deep. There are a lot of blogs I read on dating and relationships as I fumble my way through being a singleton. The author doesn't post often so when I saw I'd missed two entries, I happily ate and read away.

The second of the two was basically about cheating and what it does to a relationship. While I know I usually put in blog posts about dating and all the trials and tribulations that brings, I do have moments where I remember what brought me to this point in time.

As my good friends who have access to this blog, I'd encourage you to take a minute to read his post. For the first time, I feel like someone 'gets' where I'm coming from with the decisions I took to end my marriage - especially when it comes to the reputational impact and humiliation I felt having to go through it all. While no one close to me (I think) dared to say otherwise on my decision because of my self-confidence in it as being the right one for me, I did have one colleague who openly questioned my decision. You can damn well bet I'm going to be sending her the link to this post. But it left me wondering from time to time how many other people in my life were thinking the same thing.

Regardless, I have to say that he gets two thumbs up from me on this post. Read it. And for all of you, I truly hope it never 'speaks' to you the way it does to me - that's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

1 comment:

s-i-l said...

Just so you know - after what he did - I would have left too. ..