So I find myself in a sticky situation. Wait, I don't - but I feel morally at a crossroads or at the least, uncomfortable.
I have a friend and an acquaintance of the Y chromosome persuasions. One is in a relationship and the other is in a relationship of sorts. Let's put it this way, if I ask them every time I talk to them how 'what's her face' is doing and they tell me the latest on what they last did together or how the 'r' word is going (that'd be relationship), then I'd say that there's something going on besides just random dating. Especially if both have been around for at least two months, if not longer.
But I see them on the same dating website I'm on and I feel like saying to them, WTF are you doing on here and do the respective 'what's her faces' know? Something about it feels slimey. I know one of them will try and tell me that he's got a lot of friends he's made through the site that he stays in touch with. To that I say bullshit - get their email addresses and get off the site. The other, I don't really know what to say. I know he's not overly into his 'what's her face' but still, have some decency and respect. Or maybe they are not exclusive but I think she wants to use those 'b' and 'g' words (boyfriend/girlfriend) to describe them and as soon as you go there, well, all the other options go out the window - or they should.
So I'll do what I think is right - keep my damn mouth shut. After all, I don't know either 'what's her name' so beyond just simple 'girl code' I don't really owe it to them to tell them. And if my friends want to be...ahem...douches on there, so be it.
I just hope not all guys are doing that and I turn into one of the poor saps who gets messaged by some dude with a 'what's her name'.
No comments:
Post a Comment