Friday, January 8, 2010

Dear Jet Blue...I love you

Yeah, I know. Not typical that you see me LOVING a company but frickin' frack, these gents run a good business.

The situation went something like this. We flew from Syracuse to NYC (JFK) and then back. While on our trip back, we were delayed by almost 2 hours because the aircraft coming in to take us to Syracuse was delayed. And THEN there was a backlog of about 10-15 other planes on the tarmac waiting to take off. Egads. But we didn't really mind. After all, we've all travelled with Air Canada before and we know what kinda fiasco that can be. And we're Canadians - we get that Ma Nature can be a spiteful bitch. And when those two don't suffice, we also had a bootlegged copy of New Moon from Canal Street that we were watching in the airport. So we really didn't care.

But then CBeau got this from Jet Blue....

Subject: Compensation for your JetBlue Flight
To: Cbeau@gmail.com


jetBlue Airways
View in Handheld View Images Ensure Deliverability
JetBlue Airways Voucher
Dear Gback,

Thank you for jetting with JetBlue Airways on flight #62 from Kennedy on January
02, 2010. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused with your flight.
As always, the safety of our customers is our first consideration. We appreciate
that your plans are important and
will continually strive to operate our aircraft safely
a
nd on time.

As part of our commitment to you and consistent with our Customer Bill of Rights,
we have issued each customer on your flight a $25 JetBlue electronic Voucher.
The Voucher is for you and is non-transferable. JetBlue Vouchers are valid for one
year and can be applied towards airfare on JetBlue Airways reservations

When you are ready to use your Voucher, please
visit our website at
www.jetblue.com
. You will have the option to apply your Voucher, using the
information below, during the payment portion of your reservation. You may also

call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) with your confirmation number BCNTAM for this
flight. Please visit our website's Help section
for more information on how to use
your Voucher.



Your Complimentary Voucher
Voucher Name Voucher Code Voucher Number Voucher Amount
GBack BR25 7575174 $25
LTP BR25 7575152 $25
CBeau BR25 7575163 $25


















We thank you for your understanding and look forward to a future opportunity to
welcome you aboard JetBlue Airways.

Sincerely,
JetBlue Airways


I know it's $25 but hot damn, have you ever heard of any Canadian airlines (*ahem* Air Canada) doing something like this? Sure they gave me compensation for being BOOTED OFF THEIR FLIGHT FOR WHICH I HAD A TICKET 4 MONTHS IN ADVANCE but this was a delay...these things happen.

So I was impressed. And what do I do when I'm impressed - I let someone know. So I got on the Jet Blue website and fired this little note off to them.

Dear Jet Blue,

Not being an American citizen, flying with your airline was a first to me on my recent trip to New York City.


Two friends and I decided to drive the 3 hours to Syracuse and then fly in to JFK as it would cut down travel and headache time if weather was inclement. Being Canadians, we understand this happens often.


Upon our return, the aircraft taking us from JFK to Syracuse was delayed and we experienced a further delay on the tarmac waiting to take off. In total, we were probably 1.3-2 hours behind sche
dule. However, being Canadians and having travelled with our own Canadian airlines frequently, we understand that this can be par for the course, especially during the holiday season.

What has bowled me over and caused m
e to write you a complimentary note with two thumbs up is the fact that you sent us a voucher for $25 as a way to compensate us for this inconvenience - one that is by far nowhere near what we've experienced with other (Canadian) airlines.

Given our flight was enjoyable beyond that with easy check in and luggage pick ups upon arrival at our two destinations, you can be guaranteed that I will now consider driving to the nearest airport serviced by Jet Blue and fly within the US from that location.


Thank you for the great service and appreciation for my time when the flight was delayed.


Best regards,


Lynn

p.s. On a completely unrelated note, I loved looking at your aircraft in the airports - fabulous and unique paint jobs.


Now, if you've never seen a Jet Blue aircraft, they're all different. Okay, they probably have like 10 designs but it felt like every one was different. See what I mean? I love, love, LOVE the argyle. Ahhh...argyle... And polka dots? CRACK. ME. UP.



1 comment:

(slightly) less cynical said...

You didn't fly Porter? Gasp. Porter gave me a $75 voucher two years ago when my flight was delayed to the next morning. I still can't get over the not-flying Porter thing.