Thursday, November 20, 2008

100 and other momentus numbers

Blare the trumpets, roll out the red carpet and throw the confetti because...

it's post 100 of my blog!

100 posts in 107 days. That's not bad. Keeps you reading, doesn't it? We had some rough patches where I didn't post for a couple of days but I tried to make up for those with multi-post days on other occasions.

As I was thinking about how to celebrate this post in the shower this morning, I grabbed my passion fruit cleansing gel to wash my face. It hit me then, that there are a lot of milestone numbers in my life this year. And perhaps it's that with entering another decade those years seem that much longer. So here's your "did you know" and "useless timelines" of my life:

1) This Christmas will mark the 17 years that I've been using the same face wash.
2) I have been single for almost a year.
3) I went to visit a friend who just had a baby and realized the first time we sat together in math class (and talked about sex of all things) was over 16 years ago.
4) I have one cat that I've spent half my life with and another that hasn't even reached her midway point with me yet.
5) I have lived on my own and been financial independent for 12 years.
6) It has been 7 years this month since I finished university.
7) I've been in my career for 7 years as well.
8) I have known my university friend I for 10 years.
9) I moved to Ottawa 11 years ago - the first morning I woke up in Ottawa, I heard that Princess Diana had died - and 27 years ago I watched her get married (one of my earliest memories).
10) My nephews are 4 today - and I feel old.

No comments: