Friday, November 14, 2008

Did I ever tell you about the time...

Like I do on most Friday nights, I did my favourite weekly wind down and got take out and watched a movie. And like most Friday nights, I fell asleep on the couch until the wee hours of the morning when I awoke to the same 30 second song playing over and over and over again on the DVD menu. I dragged myself up to bed and mistakenly checked my email. And now I can't sleep - more on why tomorrow. Oh, the anticipation!!!

So, dear readers, for your entertainment pleasure, I will blog.

I was updating my Facebook profile yesterday and came across my info part and saw that I had a quote in it. I had completely forgotten about this quote and then remembered the rather bizarre story behind it.

Just a few months after my split from le ex, I had the most bizarre email in my work inbox. It looked like spam, and I guess technically it was. I didn't recognize the sender and the subject line was really odd. I have a preview feature running in Outlook so when I scrolled over the email to delete it, it opened it so I could read it. The only thing in the email was this quote:

History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats. - Bertie C. Forbes

It was like the universe was giving me a sign that "this too shall pass". Like, how 'effed up is that? Seriously. No name to it, no nothing, just this quote from that famous american publisher, B.C. Forbes. And it wasn't until I just googled it that I realized who he was.

It's at times like these that I truely believe in karma and the whole what goes around comes around jazz.

No comments: