I checked the weather station today and saw that there's a 70% chance of freezing rain tomorrow and freaked because I don't have winter tires yet. With my travel schedule, it's amazing the cats have been fed let alone get caught up on all that needs doing before the snow flies. Anyways, I remembered that the sale on winter tires was also ending soon and then panicked when I saw that the sale would be ending on Friday.
So, I convinced JJ to meet me at Canadian Tire at lunch so I could drop off my car and then pick it up on the way home. I got to CT and realized that beyond 14" tires, I knew nothing else about them but knew from my bike tire inexperience (yes, inexperience as P was the one to teach me that the pressure, etc. is all written on the side of the tire), that there were more numbers and stuff that I needed to get a good match.
I figured it had to be in the manual and sure enough, page 213, there it was.
Into CT I go with manual in hand and get in line behind 3 men. All 3 were there for snow tires too. All 3 got sent BACK to the parking lot to look for those numbers. As the last guy was heading out to the parking lot, I got to the counter and explained that I was there for tires, rims and installation but that I have my owner's manual so this is the size I need. That last guy had a chuckle. Yeah, that's right, the little blondie showed all you big boys up.
Why? Because I am so smart, S-M-R-T.
1 comment:
and i did truly appreciate the candy i got in return! :)
Post a Comment