There are now a new group of science geeks who have won my heart over. Besides the physicists and their quirky nuclear humour, I have now had a little chuckle over this recent posting on the Environment Canada weather website:
Eastern Ontario is a little more uncertain as the Texas-Louisiana low intensifies along the eastern seaboard. As usual the Ottawa and St Lawrence valleys could see a mixed bag of wet snow ice pellets and some freezing rain. Accumulations may be reduced somewhat over eastern Ontario due to the mixed precipitation.
"A mixed bag"? Really, they let them write that and publish it online? Apparently the weekend meteorologists are a little less uppity than the weekday ones. That and there's less people in the office (likely) to hand slap them when they put out advisories like this.
BTW, have I ever mentioned that my stand-in boyfriend who whispers sweet forecasts in my ear at all hours of the day and night can be reached at 613-998-3439? If you've never called it, try it and see just how much of a geek I am that I have it on speed dial and it's one of the few numbers I have had memorized for longer than a year.
2 comments:
i think we should use the phrase "mixed bag" in more of our official statements! :)
yeah but only M's science geeks will be able to get away with using it. ;o)
Post a Comment